Commercial vehicle insurance
Commercial vehicles come in all shapes and sizes. So do insurance policies. Get the right one in place for your commercial vehicle today.
What is commercial vehicle insurance?
Any vehicle in the UK is required to have insurance in place in order to be driven on the road. Commercial vehicles are no different in that respect. But ‘commercial vehicle’ is a pretty wide ranging term, including everything from catering vehicles, through to tradesmen and couriers with vans. Insurers recognise that vehicles being used for business or commercial purposes present different risks to those being used privately.
A commercial vehicle insurance policy typically offers a range of covers from third party only to comprehensive. However, working with a broker like ISIS, it can be tailored to your precise requirements based on a whole range of variables, including:
- The type and model of the vehicle itself
- The age and experience of the drivers who need access to the vehicle
- If you are carrying your own goods, or customers goods to single or multiple locations
- The level of security fitted to the vehicle
- Whether your commercial vehicle is fitted with cameras
Other policies to consider when taking out commercial vehicle insurance
If you are using a commercial vehicle, there’s probably more to consider than the vehicle itself.
- It may be that you carry goods, either for yourself or third parties so you may need to consider goods in transit insurance.
- If you’re a tradesman of any description, you’re likely to have tools or materials in the vehicle, so again goods in transit insurance could offer the cover that you need.
- Where you have staff driving the vehicles, even if only part time or as casual labour, you will need to take out employers’ liability insurance.
All of the above products operate in addition to a standard commercial vehicle policy, but can provide valuable cover to protect you when unexpected incidents happen.
No matter whether you’re a self employed tradesman, or are responsible for a fleet of commercial vehicles, ISIS Insurance can help. Let us help you understand your commercial vehicle insurance requirements, and arrange the right cover.